The Robin's Nest
Innkeeper Training Package
Some Reasons for subscribing to this package.
- You'd like to be an Innkeeper.
(but others, in fact almost everybody is telling you it's a really really bad idea)
- You're wondering if you'd really like to be an Innkeeper.
(ahhhh!, so they got to you)
- You're wondering if you've got what it takes to be an Innkeeper.
(something you really don't want to be thinking when your first guests arrive)
- You're committed to being an Innkeeper.
(someone or something has made the decision for you ..... Again!)
- You're already an Innkeeper and need help.
(oops! what's that saying about "better late than never")
- You'd like to be an Inn-sitter.
(a little less committment or a way to ease into the business)
- You'd like to learn neat cooking & housekeeping tricks.
(how do 2 innkeepers manage to serve 20 for breakfast and clean 9 rooms with no help?)
- Any of the above in a vacation atmosphere.
(if you're gonna spend the money you might as well get in some vacation time)
There are countless Seminars and Books dealing with Innkeeping
and while they may have merit in addressing certain aspects of this business
it's doubtful they can provide the insight that personal hands-on experience will provide.
Reality versus Theory: . . . . . It's as simple as that.
While cooking, housekeeping, bookeeping, accounting, and marketing are all essential skills,
Innkeeping is first and foremost, a People business.
Our Inn is a multi-purpose lodging facility:
This subjects us to an extremely wide vartiety of people
with individual requirements and expectations.
- Weekend - bed & breakfast: . Leisure & Vacation travellers.
- . . . . . . . . .- group functions: . . Weddings, Reunions, etc.
- Midweek - motel:. . . . . . . . . . . Corporate travellers.
- . . . . . . . . .- hotel: . . . . . . . . . . . Meetings, Workshops, Retreats, etc.
- Extended: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vacation Rental.
- . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Long term guest.
Insight into how to recognize and deal with different personalities
and potentially difficult situations is invaluable.
Karen has over 25 years experience in the service industry.
dealing primarily with blue collar/middle income customers.
Bill has over 30 years experience in management.
dealing primarily with white collar/upper income clients.
- 7-day package including 6 days of hands-on training plus a day as our guest.
(You might prefer 5 days of training + 2 as guests -or- all 7 days of training.)
- Includes 7 days accomodations in our Safari guest room, a $750 value.
(We find Safari most convenient however the choice of rooms is yours.)
- Sunday thru Thursday training is typically 4 to 6 hours daily.
(This leaves lots of time to take in local sites.)
- Friday & Saturday training is typically 6 to 8 hours daily.
(This is when you experience first-hand what being an Innkeeper is all about.)
- Training typically ends in time to free you up for dinner.
(A chance to experience local eateries or use our facilities to prepare your own.)
- Our food supply should be sufficient for your breakfast & lunch requirements.
The following schedule is merely a framework.
Training does not necessarily have to start on a Sunday.
More or less time can be spent on specific areas based on your needs and/or preferences.
Couples may want to split up training, each one concentrating on different areas.
- Sunday: . . . . . Check-In, Intro. to facilities, General Q&A session.
(Q&A over dinner at our favorite restaurant; schedule permitting)
- Monday: . . . . Reservations, Confirmations & Software.
- Tuesday: . . . . Marketing, Website & the Internet.
- Wednesday:. . Accounting, Charge Discounts, Taxes & Software.
- Thursday:. . . . Breakfast & Housekeeping techniques.
- Friday: . . . . . . Guest check-in, breakfast Setup.
- Saturday: . . . . Serve breakfast, Guest check-out, Housekeeping, Setup.
- Sunday:. . . . . . Enjoy breakfast with other guests - Check-Out.
- Individual: . . . . $750.00 . . . . . .
- Couple: . . . . . $1,000.00